Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Romeo and Juliet the Baz Luhrman's version

    After watching the movie there was a lot to think about but I decided to stay with the topic music.  In this movie there are a lot of scenes that have music.  I noticed that the music would change according with the mood and the person's personality.  There were a lot of parts in the movie that had sad music and some had nice music.  Overall every scene had a song to go along with it.
    One example of where they used music was in the very begging.  They had a theme song to go along with every character when they where introducing them.  I guess this happened because they wanted you to relate more to the character and also to show what kind of person they were.  Another example of them using music to show something was with the scene of the fight and then when Romeo is sitting at the beach.  When Romeo was on the beach the music was much calmer then it was in the fight.  They did this to show that maybe the beach was a peaceful place but the city was much louder.  Another place there was a good use of music was when Juliet was thinking.  When she was thinking there was peaceful and right when she stopped thinking the music stopped.  I think this happened to show that Juliet was deep into her thoughts and then she got cut off.
    Overall the music was used in a very nice way and I love how the music always matched the mood or what was going on. 

1 comment:

  1. You made some really good points in your blogpost! It helped me decide on what and how i would do my blogpost on and how i would presetn my examples. Great job Patrycja!!

    ReplyDelete